Mastering Swiss Meringue Buttercream

This is the second time I tried to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream. I almost failed again but I decided not to give up and saved it in the refrigerator until I could think of some thing to rescue my buttercream. The first attempt at making the buttercream didn't come out good because I didn't heat the sugar long enough with the egg whites. So I you could taste the individual grains from the sugar in the buttercream and it was like liquid. The second attempt I made sure to melt the sugar with the egg whites and did everything I thought was "following the recipe". Well while creaming the buttercream it started to separate. If butter and egg whites were people I would be sure that they hated each other. After thinking over and over what I could do to save it... LIGHT BULB. I will mix it on high speed and for another minute. So I did just that and it worked! How excited I was about figuring it out and not having to waste it. It tasted so delicious too, it wasn't as sweet as the American buttercream. I topped it on some cupcakes and gave it away to a few friends. It was a success, my friends loved the flavor and they all said the sweetness was perfect. Yay for me and Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment